About Tampa Bay Farmers Market
Joseph Sansone & Son. Established in Buffalo, NY.
In the Late 1800's a horse drawn carriage was used
to deliver all of our fresh, locally grown products.
Then in the Early 1900's the Ford Model T Pickup Truck
was first introduced and that meant more productivity.
In the Middle 1900's an Autocar cab-over-engine truck
was used to deliver our fresh, locally grown products.
We moved to Florida after the famous "Blizzard of 1977".
Tampa offered us many resources to start a business.
The location of our new business Tampa Bay Produce Inc.
had lots of advantages that rivaled the companies on the
Tampa Wholesale Produce Market Inc., a few blocks east.
Some of the advantages we offered was our operating hours
were from 2:30 am to noon compared to their 5:30 am to noon.
Another advantage was our speedy cashier system allowed
our salesmen to do their job faster and that lead to more our
customers saving time and get what they came for quicker.
Tampa Bay occupied 60,000 square feet of an 80,000 square foot
building, an aluminum company leased the rest of the building.
Our receiving was done away from customers in the back section
with an additional 20-car loading capacity in the front section.
Over 25 years ago, we started opening retail farmers markets
in the Tampa Bay Area. Our original farmers market was on the
corner of Howard and Swann for over 15 years in South Tampa.
In the early 2000's real estate prices were at an all time high
giving us an opportunity to sell our land and move to Davis Island.
Many of our old customers came out to Davis Island to support us
and created a following because of our Fresh Cut Flowers & Plants.
Below From left to right:
John Sansone Jr. (Shipping & Receiving)
Barbara Sansone (Fundraising & Sales)
John Sansone Sr. (President & Owner)
Liz & Hugh Richeson (Sister & Brother-in-Law)
Anthony Sansone (Vice President Marketing & Sales)
Following another opportunity to sell our business out on Davis Islands
We opened a new store on the corner of Macdill and Swann as of May 2009
and is considered our first true concept of a full blown farmers market.
For 6 years we had steady growth and on April 2015 we decided to relocate
to a newer facility that needed alot less repair and upgrades to save money.
Counters and interior being painted at our new facility that was
located on the corner of Fletcher and Rome as of July 2015
All of our locally grown products are delivered fresh everyday
to our store. Many of the fruits and vegetables come from farms
within a few hours drive. The benefits of buying from a local
farmers market is that it is fresher, tastier & more nutritious.
Our new location is coming along beautifully.
Thank you to all of our amazing customers through the years!
We look forward to serving you again. See you soon!OUR BUSINESS HAS MOVED TO A NEW ADDRESS
10001 North Armenia Avenue Tampa, FL 33612. Get Directions >>>WE'RE NOW OPEN AS OF JULY 11TH, 2020
"Open air farmers markets feel like the way nature intended."